Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Height Map Request

Started by ChaosDreamer Aug 24, 2009 at 7:58 PM 3 replies 650+ views
Original Post
ChaosDreamer
ChaosDreamer
Team name: N/A Project name: N/A Brief description: Request for a height map for a city. Should include: -Alleys -A Park in the center -Streets Everything else, is up to the creators imagination. Target aim: Not exactly sure. It's a side project I'm working on alone at the moment. Compensation: None... Technology: Needs to be compatable with 3dMax 2009 Talent needed: Height Map Artist [Also, please send in .png format is possible] Team structure: Myself
yup. yup.
ChaosDreamer
ChaosDreamer
BUMP!
Is this too difficult to pick up?
yup. yup.
Erik Rufelt
Erik Rufelt
You don't provide any kind of incentive whatsoever for someone to do this work for you. Why would anyone want to go through the trouble of creating a whole city heightmap for a total stranger?
Try providing more details about your project, and make it interesting, and perhaps someone will feel that they want to be part of that. Or offer something in return.
ChaosDreamer
ChaosDreamer
it's just a task for the artist. i'm very sure there is an artist that does height maps and nobody is in need of them. i, however, am working on a solo project.

It's going to start out as simply a multiplayer game for me & my friends to test until the gameplay is flawless. From there, I will actually form it into an actual game, with storyline, plot, etc.

So, there is no real point for giving out details about the "game" because it's non-existant right now. All the details the artist would need are posted.
I also gave much room for creation giving the artist the ability to build the city HOWEVER they see fit.

i hope this helps with any concerns or thoughts you have/had.
yup. yup.
DeamonLord
DeamonLord
I can create nice heightmaps, and I am probably one of the few people on here that spend any time on making them, but the problem is that you've provided little to no info about the game, or the specs for the game. Infact, this post can't even be considered as a help wanted post as the whole post is not even a paragraph. Before making a request here on Gamedev for help, I would advise you to really think about the game design, some supporting art, and planning. Asking people for help without investing any time into something like this might not be the best thing to do. I might be wrong about you, but this is as much as I can get out of the current post. Contact me once you have a more revised post, or a better idea on what you need, and I might be able to help.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.