Original Post
There's an old but fairly popular idea that a resume should only be one page long, at least when applying for a job. This is a limitation that I disagree with pretty strongly; I do believe that the first page is the most important by far, but I see no reason to limit yourself. Take a look at my resume. Yeah, I can collapse that to a page -- but the impact of a one page version is pretty weak. I actually just put together a one page version for a class assignment, which is more or less the trigger for the rant (and was actually what led me to request the creation of this forum). That said, I've never been in the position of someone hiring. If I were, I can't see why I would not want as much information as is relevant. As long as the initial page convinces me to pay attention to the applicant, why not keep going? Quick googling found me this article which seems to more or less support my position. So I'd like to hear from both sides of the table. How do you feel about resume page counts?