Original Post
Hi I'd like to ask you what's the fastest way to build browser based strategy game. I take into account some technologies, but if you now others, let me know :) My solutions: - raw php && mysql - simply, it's not fast - php based framework - php generally isn't the best language for big productions, it's hard to keep everything not messed up - python framework web2py - I looked at it and it can be one of best solutions, but I think that is not very good for games, it was designed for fast developing web services - silverlight - I looked on "Getting started" and I was scared - lots of tools, plugins (maybe it's advantage?) until first program, but the main disadvantage is only windows supported and it has to be fitted with server based job, but it can be written for example in c++ (c++ does job only on database) - flash - main disadvantage -> adobe tools are expensive (do you know some GOOD alternatives?) - ??? If you have some good ideas for fast (at least it can be comfortable - and should be) browser game development, feel free to discuss. Chris [Edited by - Krzych on November 4, 2009 11:31:50 PM]