Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

boost linking problems

Started by hughiecoles Nov 21, 2009 at 11:32 AM 0 replies 600+ views
Original Post
hughiecoles
hughiecoles
I'm using Visual Studio 9 (2008), and I'm trying to link to boost's regex library. Initially I tried to link to boost_regex-vc90-mt-1_40.lib (to link to the .dll), but it keeps saying it can't find the dll, even though the path is set properly (the lib directory). It works only when I put a copy of the dll in the project directory. After being frustrated for an hour, I decided to try the static libraries, but I get linker errors for unresolved external symbols. Anyone have an idea what's going on?
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
Codarki
Codarki
I made a Visual Studio project just to compile the boost cpp files I need, and use project dependencies to link it. This way I can change the compile settings how I want.

External unresolved symbols can be caused with project runtime library not matching the compiled boost library.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.