Original Post
I'm working on a semi textbased rpg. And I've come a long way. So far I have the overworld, a cave and a town. Basically it's a hack n' slash and loot collecting game. Pretty simple =) On the overworld you basically walk between the cave and the town. This is represented with 8bit graphics. While in town you navigate through a simple text menu. Example: Go to - The Inn - The Weapon Shop - The Magic Shop etc etc. The cave is built up in a similar way to the town, it's all textbased. As you enter the cave you get a random action message, telling you what is going on. Example: You bodly walk into the darkness or Strange noises echoes against the damp cave walls as you walk into the pitch black darkness. This is as far as I've gotten. I'm still working on what the player does in the cave...Or rather, his avatar. You see, you simply give the character a task and he does it automatically, example: Search for treasure - This makes the player look for treasure and avoid fighting. Or: Wander - This makes the character wander without any goal and pretty much anything could happen. You get into a fight, find a treasure or find an interesting room. And when the character finds something of interest I'm planning on having a small video show what happens. All in 8bit ofcourse =) I could use some help on what the players character should be able to do in the cave. So far I have: Wander Use Item (lets you rummage through your backpack and use an item)