Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Best SC++L Reference Book

Started by nullsquared Dec 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM 3 replies 850+ views
Original Post
nullsquared
nullsquared
There's a competition that my school enters every year and we're allowed to bring a language reference book for every language we use. For Java we'll just bring whatever we brought last time, but what is a good reference book for C++? I'm mainly looking for something with excellent detail on the standard library, including minor tweaks and quirks that one doesn't use every day. For example, if a problem asked for an output with exactly 7 decimal places, I'd do:

std::cout.setf(std::ios::fixed, std::ios::floatfield);
std::cout.precision(7);
However, if that wasn't exactly on the top of my head, it'd be nice to be able to quickly look up std::ostream (or just std::cout if there's a specific section on it or something) and see "oh, precision() and setf() is what I need."
cache_hit
cache_hit
I don't know about C++: The Complete Reference, but I like Imperfect C++. Josuttis' book is also highly recommended.
gekko
gekko
I always find C++ Primer to be a good reference.
-- gekko

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.