Original Post
I'm working on a simple 2D game that I think might be able to generate some small income, if I can publish it in the right way.
But I'm coding it in C++ and DirectX. Which I'm pretty sure means it would be a standalone .exe requiring the user to have dx9 installed? Is there a way to browser embed a game made using DX9? Don't most 2D games get published in Flash format or some sort of browser embedded format? Is a 2D game comercially realistic as a standalone program?
But I'm coding it in C++ and DirectX. Which I'm pretty sure means it would be a standalone .exe requiring the user to have dx9 installed? Is there a way to browser embed a game made using DX9? Don't most 2D games get published in Flash format or some sort of browser embedded format? Is a 2D game comercially realistic as a standalone program?