Original Post
Hello, I am wondering which software is better, I know this question is asked a lot and i can't really get the answer i want. The college program is called "Digital Animation" from Capilano University. (http://www.capilanou.ca/programs/animation/animation-programs/digital-animation-program.html)
I have a pretty good drawing background but i never used any of the software before. You get to choose which side you want to focuse more in this program (Modeling or animation). But what sets questioning it is called an animation program and i want to do 3d modeling which means 3DS Max would be better, but i never animated before and i know maya is better for animating. So im stuck at a piller of which to go with 3DS Max or Maya. Do i need to know animation more if im trying to do in a modeling area or 3ds max. I is just one of these courses that you have to have past knowledge of this stuff to join. So i don't want to be lacking any of it. My plan is after high school to focues on one of these 3d software and get to know it make some good art and go in to this program. Also to beef up my drawing skills and do some sculpting. So what should I do, my head is really fuzzed up on what software to learn. Thank you for reading I hope this is not a stupid question that people are going to get mad about me asking. Thanks,
Stephen
I have a pretty good drawing background but i never used any of the software before. You get to choose which side you want to focuse more in this program (Modeling or animation). But what sets questioning it is called an animation program and i want to do 3d modeling which means 3DS Max would be better, but i never animated before and i know maya is better for animating. So im stuck at a piller of which to go with 3DS Max or Maya. Do i need to know animation more if im trying to do in a modeling area or 3ds max. I is just one of these courses that you have to have past knowledge of this stuff to join. So i don't want to be lacking any of it. My plan is after high school to focues on one of these 3d software and get to know it make some good art and go in to this program. Also to beef up my drawing skills and do some sculpting. So what should I do, my head is really fuzzed up on what software to learn. Thank you for reading I hope this is not a stupid question that people are going to get mad about me asking. Thanks,
Stephen