Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

u8/s8/u16/s16 not working on Xbo360 with native calling conventions ?

Started by pifor106 Sep 27, 2010 at 3:42 PM 1 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
pifor106
pifor106
Hi,

I'm in the process of running my learning/unit tests on all platforms that I have to support right now and I've stumble upon a bug/problem with the Xbox360.

It seems that uint8/int8, uint16/int16 are not supported. The thing is that all input parameters of this type are passed 0 when going to the C++ side.

If I compile the same code using AS_MAX_PORTABILITY, I have no errors.

I looked rapidly at the code and it seems that the Xenon native implementation only supports integers/floats/doubles and booleans. Am I correct ?
WitchLord
WitchLord
This is new to me. It could be a bug in the as_callfunc_xenon.cpp code, possible due to big-endian/little-endian differences.

Unfortunately I don't have any way of testing this myself so I'd appreciate any help I can get from this.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
Sly
Sly
We only used ints and floats in our script code on Xbox 360, so we never came across this issue.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.