Original Post
Hi, I'm a software engineer. I got into programming probably like most people my age 24 seeing a video game and wanting to recreate it.
I've been a Software Engineer for 4.5 years and currently a Sr. Consultant working on anything JQuery, NHibernate, C#, ASP.net related with an MVC architecture.
I've learned XNA, and I've put together a few small simple-minded puzzle games from start to finish (not polished by no means) in XNA 3.1, 2.0 and Silverlight all the way back to Silverlight 2.0
I have never touched any of the Unity, U3E, Crytek engines, but I'm a good solid developer, and I'd like to [s]start [/s] FINISH making my first Xbox live indie game and throw it on the Xbox Marketplace for both WP7 and Xbox360 and branch out from there.
I have already read the requirements, become an AppHub premium member, and I'm currently an MS Partner. I'm currently interested in taking my idea and giving it a complete agile approach, and a full development life cycle and making it a complete polished game that people will download and play (download and played not guaranteed).
Games I have in mind are quick casual puzzle games mostly for WP7/Android/iPhone/Xbox360 then I can tread in deeper water once I'm comfortable and have my first published title.
I'd like to know if there is any books, software out there that could help me on my journey.
I'm looking for storyboard, design tools (books or software)
best practices for managing projects and meeting deadlines
bug/enhancement tracker software (specific for game development if available, if not I can just use BugTracker).
Thank you,
C0d3n4fun
I've been a Software Engineer for 4.5 years and currently a Sr. Consultant working on anything JQuery, NHibernate, C#, ASP.net related with an MVC architecture.
I've learned XNA, and I've put together a few small simple-minded puzzle games from start to finish (not polished by no means) in XNA 3.1, 2.0 and Silverlight all the way back to Silverlight 2.0
I have never touched any of the Unity, U3E, Crytek engines, but I'm a good solid developer, and I'd like to [s]start [/s] FINISH making my first Xbox live indie game and throw it on the Xbox Marketplace for both WP7 and Xbox360 and branch out from there.
I have already read the requirements, become an AppHub premium member, and I'm currently an MS Partner. I'm currently interested in taking my idea and giving it a complete agile approach, and a full development life cycle and making it a complete polished game that people will download and play (download and played not guaranteed).
Games I have in mind are quick casual puzzle games mostly for WP7/Android/iPhone/Xbox360 then I can tread in deeper water once I'm comfortable and have my first published title.
I'd like to know if there is any books, software out there that could help me on my journey.
I'm looking for storyboard, design tools (books or software)
best practices for managing projects and meeting deadlines
bug/enhancement tracker software (specific for game development if available, if not I can just use BugTracker).
Thank you,
C0d3n4fun