Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Where to start?

Started by Topblast_ Aug 7, 2011 at 4:59 AM 3 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Topblast_
Topblast_
Hello,

I am a 16 year old thinking of getting a career in game programming. I wanted to know where to start at my point. I have created 2D menus and one 3D programming roaming a model with DirectX 9. I have selected the language C++ to program in , just wanted to know where to start.

topblastmenuv15.jpgtopblastmenuv13.jpg
Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper
Start by designing what you're going to create. "Begin with the end in mind."
-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com
Topblast_
Topblast_
Thanks kinda Large. I am good when coding thins just, never good at Imaging the end
Idono87
Idono87
What i've learned best since i've started my civil engineer program is that design is more important than coding in some cases. You dont have to have an exact finished specification doc but more of an outline. It's going to make your life alot easier and saves you alot of time.
Idono! That's me!
Topblast_
Topblast_

What i've learned best since i've started my civil engineer program is that design is more important than coding in some cases. You dont have to have an exact finished specification doc but more of an outline. It's going to make your life alot easier and saves you alot of time.


but i like coding. to think i can make anytime I put my mind to, its.... fun.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.