Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[PAID] I am a 3d Artist and I am available for work.[UPDATED]

Started by nestor818 Aug 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM 28 replies 16.6k views
Original Post
nestor818
nestor818
Edit:Please check my website to view my newest/recent work(I have many more but for NDA purposes I can not show to public)

Hi my name is Nestor Chavez and I have been a 3d modeler for 8 years with 3+ years of game industry experience.I have obtained a degree in 3d design from Los Angeles Mission College Institute of Multimedia Arts.I have done various freelance gigs such as prototyping for inventors, visualization rendering, game character modeling,animation and modeling in general for games.I am looking for paid work only, if you are interested and want to see some of my work please visit my website NestorD3dModeler and/or contact me at nestor_c@yahoo.com.Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

note:My rates are reasonably negotiable.If you would like to discuss any work please shoot me an email instead of a PM.Please no feedback on my work, this post is just for paid job opportunities and no royalty jobs.

Applications used:

Maya
Zbrush
PhotoShop


4328790_orig.jpg
Some changes where made to this model from original concept.
4711506.jpg?954
[attachment=5732:BIGBRUTE_WIP2.jpg]
[attachment=5653:Velcan_highpoly.png][attachment=5654:Velcan_Faces.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[attachment=5068:IllgaMesh_DJ_Skrillexproject.jpg]Changes where made from original concept.
[attachment=5211:IllgaMesh_DJ_Skrillexproject.png]IllgaMesh in the UDK engine .
[media]
[/media]


link to video [media]
[/media]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[attachment=5212:Beholder_by_nestor_Chavez.jpg][attachment=5071:Soldier_Character_High_poly2.jpg]
[attachment=5069:AssaultGun_By_NESTOR_CHAVEZ.jpg][attachment=5070:Prince_by_NestorChavez.jpg]
[attachment=5730:Prince_by_NestorChavez_.jpg]This Soldier was a collaboration between Luis & Me from Team MOG
nestor818
nestor818
New work in my website.
nestor818
nestor818
Bumpsters.
planetearth
planetearth
I am part of a group who is creating a new game we and would appreciate your help.
For more information please visit http://planetearthgame.deviantart.com/
Thank you.

nestor818
nestor818

I am part of a group who is creating a new game we and would appreciate your help.
For more information please visit http://planetearthgame.deviantart.com/
Thank you.


Would this be a paid position?
planetearth
planetearth

[quote name='planetearthrecruiter' timestamp='1315698149' post='4860151']
I am part of a group who is creating a new game we and would appreciate your help.
For more information please visit http://planetearthgame.deviantart.com/
Thank you.


Would this be a paid position?
[/quote]

Look at our page and you could find out. Not at the moment, no.
nestor818
nestor818

[quote name='nestor818' timestamp='1315843564' post='4860725']
[quote name='planetearthrecruiter' timestamp='1315698149' post='4860151']
I am part of a group who is creating a new game we and would appreciate your help.
For more information please visit http://planetearthgame.deviantart.com/
Thank you.


Would this be a paid position?
[/quote]

Look at our page and you could find out. Not at the moment, no.
[/quote]

Sorry but my post clearly mentions paid jobs only.please read carefully.


nestor818
nestor818
Now Available for more work.Post was edited new work and videos on my Portfolio.
The President
The President
Hey Nestor,
Good luck to ya. Can you please remove the concept art of PRINCE - as it's rights are retained by me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also might be worth noting that the character model of Prince is not 100% your work. Another 3d artist on the team "Luis" is responsible for parts of that model if my memory serves me right. (Arms, Legs, Boots). Appreciate your co-operation.
Avid Gamer & Designer
nestor818
nestor818

Hey Nestor,
Good luck to ya. Can you please remove the concept art of PRINCE - as it's rights are retained by me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also might be worth noting that the character model of Prince is not 100% your work. Another 3d artist on the team "Luis" is responsible for parts of that model if my memory serves me right. (Arms, Legs, Boots). Appreciate your co-operation.




Yes no problem I will remove the concept art but as for the model it self half of it was made by me so rights belong to me and me and Luis came to an agreement about that model . How you been by the way,long time no see you completely disapeared.I wish you the best in everything your doing.
nestor818
nestor818

Hey Nestor,
Good luck to ya. Can you please remove the concept art of PRINCE - as it's rights are retained by me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also might be worth noting that the character model of Prince is not 100% your work. Another 3d artist on the team "Luis" is responsible for parts of that model if my memory serves me right. (Arms, Legs, Boots). Appreciate your co-operation.




Oh and by the way what Luis did for the model was arms,boots,helmet and face I did everything else considering he was mainly a weapon modeler and not a character modeler from what I remember.
AudioOutlaw
AudioOutlaw
Nestor, if you plan on getting a paid gig for character modeling, don't you think the respectable thing to do is to pay the person who made your base model character?

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/783966-3D-Modeler-for-hire/page3
Read pages Read pages 3 & 4

I have seen you post multiple threads and you still refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are using somone else's base mesh.
nestor818
nestor818
That person is a troll.the community agreed that the person who made that comment was just trolling and making negative remarks.Anotherthing as for the base model he is accusing me for is for the hands.Now if your accusing me like that person was please read the comments me and the comunity have posted and your questions will be answered.Btw stop trolling.I did not steal any work,let alone does hands are from zbrush I used one of the default humanoid to create a model I did for my portfolio nothing wrong with that.Every Modeler uses previous work to make a new model,all we do is tweak it.Lol this accusations only come from noobie people,people that don't know squad barely starting in the industry and think they know it all.I'll let my work talk for itself.Again all my work is mine and if you want to accuse me of fraud please show proof so the community can judge themselve.I am a professional ,if my work was fraud would I have a job in the industry? Wouldn't my clients know my work isn't legit? If I were I were stealing shit wouldn't does people know? Your just trolling so I'll just let it be :-) . Some people need attention :-) .
nestor818
nestor818
Bump new work.Here is another character model I just finished.
4711506.jpg?954
KingLuke24
KingLuke24
Would you be willing to work on a project if compensation came from the game profit itself? And not an actual sallary?
<----HammerTime!!!---->
nestor818
nestor818

Would you be willing to work on a project if compensation came from the game profit itself? And not an actual sallary?

No sorry but thank you for considering me :-) .
nestor818
nestor818
[color=#1C2837][size=2]Bump new wips of current project on my website.
nestor818
nestor818
No its fine I get permission before posting and most of my work is personal.
ThomasR.Nunn
ThomasR.Nunn
Need a 3D animator for our game. Would like to talk with you.

Thomas Nunn
tnunn@redharbinger.com
Skype: tnundox
JDX_John
JDX_John
Can you give more detail which editing tools you are expert in... 3DS/Maya/ZBrush/Gimp/Photoshop/etc - maybe update in the first post? I'm sure some teams have existing pipelines.
www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.