Original Post
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]I would like to say hello [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]I am writing this post on behalf of my 10-year-old son.[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]As many young children my son as well spend 90%of there free time on a computer, DS,PSP or some kind of [size="4"] video game, it's only natural they want to be a games designer when they grow up.[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]My son is already spending his money on his chosen Job (A GAMES DESIGNER) "I'M GOING TO LIVE IN TOKYOAND BUY A BIG HOUSE WHERE YOU CAN VISIT ME " nowt his is not just a whim he’s been going on like this for years and years I did down load blender last year but after I did he said “I don’t want to be a visualdesigner” I do forget what he said ‘I’m a dad and NOT hearing what your kids want is built in to my DNA’[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]So with all his plans in place what does he need to do, to get on the ladder?[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]What qualifications should he be looking at[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]What programs for designing should he be looking at?[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]He did mention C code……. So what book/program should he be reading/working with? [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="5"][color="#ff00ff"]I must say I thought it would all die down by now, but it he getting more and more determined to be a games designer[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]So this is a father’s plea for help, SOS [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]James (father)[/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"]I would like to thank you for reading this and your replies in advance
[/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"]
[/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"]Thank you [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]I am writing this post on behalf of my 10-year-old son.[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]As many young children my son as well spend 90%of there free time on a computer, DS,PSP or some kind of [size="4"] video game, it's only natural they want to be a games designer when they grow up.[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]My son is already spending his money on his chosen Job (A GAMES DESIGNER) "I'M GOING TO LIVE IN TOKYOAND BUY A BIG HOUSE WHERE YOU CAN VISIT ME " nowt his is not just a whim he’s been going on like this for years and years I did down load blender last year but after I did he said “I don’t want to be a visualdesigner” I do forget what he said ‘I’m a dad and NOT hearing what your kids want is built in to my DNA’[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]So with all his plans in place what does he need to do, to get on the ladder?[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]What qualifications should he be looking at[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]What programs for designing should he be looking at?[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]He did mention C code……. So what book/program should he be reading/working with? [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="5"][color="#ff00ff"]I must say I thought it would all die down by now, but it he getting more and more determined to be a games designer[/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]So this is a father’s plea for help, SOS [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"] [/font]
[color="black"][font="Arial Narrow"][size="4"]James (father)[/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"]I would like to thank you for reading this and your replies in advance
[/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"]
[/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"]Thank you [/font]