Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Any free sound effects programs?

Started by lorddanny Nov 12, 2011 at 10:22 PM 4 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
lorddanny
lorddanny
Hi guys,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to music and sounds stuff (i'm more of a programmer). But I was wondering if anyone knows a free program which lets me edit and add sound effects to some sounds I've recorded? E.g. like adding radio sound effects to a speech I've recorded so it sounds like someone is tlaking over the radio and etc...

Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sevenfold1
sevenfold1

Hi guys,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to music and sounds stuff (i'm more of a programmer). But I was wondering if anyone knows a free program which lets me edit and add sound effects to some sounds I've recorded? E.g. like adding radio sound effects to a speech I've recorded so it sounds like someone is tlaking over the radio and etc...

Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks





Radio effect is easy to do enough. Just drop all the lower bass frequences, and keep the high frequences.
If your audio program has an equalizer type effect, then it's easy to do.
Hodgman
Hodgman
I haven't used it for ages, but the free version of goldwave was ok, and only nagged you to buy the full version.
bschmidt1962
bschmidt1962
Audacity works pretty well; +1 for that.

IN addition to equing out the highs and low's, compress the heck out of it.

Another trick I used to do, if I new that all I was ever going to need in game was the radioized version was actually use a radio/walkie-talkie ($50 at radio shack). Put the mic right up against the earpiece of one in a quiet room and play the speech into the other
Brian Schmidt Executive Director, GameSoundCon: GameSoundCon 2016:September  27-28, Los Angeles, CA     Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC Music Composition & Sound Design<
jog
jog

Another trick I used to do, if I new that all I was ever going to need in game was the radioized version was actually use a radio/walkie-talkie ($50 at radio shack). Put the mic right up against the earpiece of one in a quiet room and play the speech into the other [/quote]
That would be a bit hardcore when you are "complete noob".
But as other guys said, Audacity for the win!
Music and Sound desing for every game, which knows how sound important is:
www.jangrochowski.pl

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.