Original Post
Hey guys, it's been about 3 weeks into C++ console development and I am understanding things great!! I found a nice .pdf online.
Here is my problem. I want to start doing game development and this means in C++ having to get OpenGL or ..... all the other choices.
My question is: Would it be easier to learn C#, then use a simple engine like Unity? As I am simply a beginner and have not yet created anything.
In C++ it just seems like this huge process when in C# the book for game development looks way better the index seems to offer so many more things than C++ did where it had me create some tic-tac-toe.
The C# way may sound simple but I wonder if C++ way will be better for me in the long run as I hope to complete my own engine, 2D game with Sound, AI, GUI, and if I have time Multiplayer (Where 1 player is W,A,S,D and the other is UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT)
I hope I was descriptive enough for a good answer.
Thanks a bunch in advance if your able to point me in the right direction and explain why? TY
Here is my problem. I want to start doing game development and this means in C++ having to get OpenGL or ..... all the other choices.
My question is: Would it be easier to learn C#, then use a simple engine like Unity? As I am simply a beginner and have not yet created anything.
In C++ it just seems like this huge process when in C# the book for game development looks way better the index seems to offer so many more things than C++ did where it had me create some tic-tac-toe.
The C# way may sound simple but I wonder if C++ way will be better for me in the long run as I hope to complete my own engine, 2D game with Sound, AI, GUI, and if I have time Multiplayer (Where 1 player is W,A,S,D and the other is UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT)
I hope I was descriptive enough for a good answer.
Thanks a bunch in advance if your able to point me in the right direction and explain why? TY