Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Gallery warning

Started by Servant of the Lord Feb 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord
I created a new image gallery, and though it works fine, it gives a warning message.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_a03purd5pgp8u4fma902ciail2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/gamedev/admin/applications_addon/ips/gallery/modules_public/albums/album.php on line 177

The same warning occurs even when I view someone else's gallery, such as this one.

It's not causing any problem that I can detect, but I figure I'd just tip you off to the warning.

I'm using Google Chrome v16.0.912.77
Gaiiden
Gaiiden
hrm, another page-top warning like the one from this thread.

Thanks, keep an eye out for any more and just report them here
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net
Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord
Hmm, yea I get a similar warning on the link mentioned in that thread also.

Different message though, since it's a different page/file:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_h8npm4fltonj448cr5t812iph6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/gamedev/admin/applications_addon/ips/nexus/modules_public/support/new.php on line 34


Thoughts:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_h8npm4fltonj448cr5t812iph6, O_RDWR ([color=#ff0000]read/write privileges?)) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/gamedev/admin/applications_addon/ips/nexus/modules_public/support/new.php on line 34

Seems like an addon/plugin was installed into an administrator chunk of the website, or else attempts to write to an admin location, that regular users such as myself can't access.

Since the gallery works, my guess is the only thing that's failing is a note being written to the admin area, letting moderators know a new image was uploaded and to check to make sure it isn't spam.
Since the support request is failing entirely, it's probably because the entire support message is trying to be written to the admin area so moderators can view it.

Both addons need to write to a WriteOnly area (so addons can write to the area, but users can't read it - only moderators), not an Admin area. I'm not a web developer, so I wouldn't know how to go about doing that, unfortunately. mellow.png

Instead of /var/www/gamedev/admin/
It should be installed into an area like: /var/www/gamedev/moderation/

With the 'moderation' area being write-only for users, and readwrite for moderators and staff.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.