Original Post
Hello people! I was really hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction with this. It's a problem that's kind of hard
to explain, but I'll go ahead with it. I've recently devoted a lot of time to reading XNA tutorials on the internet, seeking XNA advice and
buying XNA books. I'm starting to reach a point where I can add basic controls and movement, a little bit of physics and some sound effects,
etc. I'm studying computer programming and picking up certain points. However, and this is going to sound really weird, I don't actually get how you'd physically complete a game. My code is just all on one sheet, and it looks awful. I've heard something about "classes" which apparently allow you to reference more update and draw methods at the same time as the main class sheet or something.
I'm not too sure about how it works, but if someone could just point me in the direction of some good, extensive tutorials, or possibly try to explain to me how i'd go about this, I'd be so grateful! I understand methods and the concept of classes, but i literally can't find anything anywhere on how you'd take components of different XNA tutorials and add them all together into a full project.
Thanks for your time if you respond!
to explain, but I'll go ahead with it. I've recently devoted a lot of time to reading XNA tutorials on the internet, seeking XNA advice and
buying XNA books. I'm starting to reach a point where I can add basic controls and movement, a little bit of physics and some sound effects,
etc. I'm studying computer programming and picking up certain points. However, and this is going to sound really weird, I don't actually get how you'd physically complete a game. My code is just all on one sheet, and it looks awful. I've heard something about "classes" which apparently allow you to reference more update and draw methods at the same time as the main class sheet or something.
I'm not too sure about how it works, but if someone could just point me in the direction of some good, extensive tutorials, or possibly try to explain to me how i'd go about this, I'd be so grateful! I understand methods and the concept of classes, but i literally can't find anything anywhere on how you'd take components of different XNA tutorials and add them all together into a full project.
Thanks for your time if you respond!