Original Post
So I have arranged a team consisting of myself and 3, maybe 4, others. We have been designing a 3D multiplayer battle game with some RPG elements. I'm the head programmer of the project, and I was wondering what others would suggest for languages or engines to use for this type of thing?
I'm fairly experienced with C++ and OpenGL, but there are some In-Game UI elements I'm not sure I would be able to program with just C++ and OpenGL. The game will consist of basic polygonal 3D models with no fine detail at first, and basic texturing, until we hire an artist onto the team. The only in-game GUI elements I will really need are a spell bar with drag N drop spell elements, and a simple inventory.
So, if you have experience with this type of thing, please make a suggestion.
Thanks,
Hodgeka
I'm fairly experienced with C++ and OpenGL, but there are some In-Game UI elements I'm not sure I would be able to program with just C++ and OpenGL. The game will consist of basic polygonal 3D models with no fine detail at first, and basic texturing, until we hire an artist onto the team. The only in-game GUI elements I will really need are a spell bar with drag N drop spell elements, and a simple inventory.
So, if you have experience with this type of thing, please make a suggestion.
Thanks,
Hodgeka