Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Tool to create animation framesheet from separate image files

Started by d000hg Mar 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM 2 replies 5.7k views
Original Post
d000hg
d000hg
I have individual animation frames for a 2D game, each as a separate PNG file. I need to convert them into a single tilesheet/framesheet (not sure if there is a recognized term) which arranges these in rows/columns. It gets really boring doing it by hand using copy-paste so is there a simple tool out there which can help me?

I don't use Photoshop or GIMP, my only image program is Paint.NET since I'm just a programmer
haegarr
haegarr
I don't have a recommendation because I'm also just a programmer ;) and never used one of those tools, but googling for "sprite sheet maker", "... generator", "... creator" brings up many applications that can do something like that, e.g. GlueIt, SpritePacker (seems Mac OS only), Predator (a commercial one, although with 15$ relatively inexpensive), Sprite Sheet Stitcher, Texture Atlas Generator, ...
tonyg
tonyg
I'd recommend glueit
d000hg
d000hg
Awesome, glueit is simple but exactly what I was looking for.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.