Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Does boost::pool really header-only in 1.49.0 ?

Started by diolee Mar 12, 2012 at 6:41 AM 1 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
diolee
diolee
Before I used the boost::pool version 1.43, it's head file only indeed.

Now I update the boost lib to version 1.49, although the document said:
The Boost Pool library is a header-only library. That means there is no .lib, .dll, or .so to build;[/quote]

But when I compile my project, here it is the error information:
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc100-mt-gd-1_49.lib'[/quote]

I googled for answer, but nothing helpful.

Does Anyone know the reason?
LorenzoGatti
LorenzoGatti
The missing file is from boost::thread, which you probably didn't build, not from boost::pool. Maybe there are #defines to disable thread related features and sever the dependency, but I'd try compiling boost::thread first.
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
diolee
diolee

The missing file is from boost::thread, which you probably didn't build, not from boost::pool. Maybe there are #defines to disable thread related features and sever the dependency, but I'd try compiling boost::thread first.


Thank you for the information, it's very helpful:)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.