Original Post
I posted this in another dev forum focused on web games, but I didn't get much discussion and I'm really sad so I thought I'd post it here. I'm hoping I'm not being delusional here by trying to recreate these economic concepts into a simple PHP game; hopefully you guys can criticise and help me out in the planning of my economy and politics driven text-based game.
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][color=#666666]Economics in games is something that fascinates me, including how much some game developers pay attention to it (EVE Online, Darkfall, Wurm Online) whilst others disregard it. I am trying to create a PHP game which has a strong element of economy, which will hopefully tie in with the military and political module I will create for it. Here are just some thoughts about in-game economy which I take into account when designing my game and maybe we can have a good discussion about it:
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2]