Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

OpenGL VS. DirectX

Started by Amythius Oct 5, 2001 at 6:16 PM 2 replies 500+ views
Original Post
Amythius
Amythius
I want to know if OpenGL is easier / faster than DirectX. I use DirectX and I have lots of trouble with it and it seems to take more code to generate that of an OpenGl object. Anywho, I just want to know if anyone out there has/does use them both that can distinguish which is easier or overall better. Please, I don''t have any means of starting a WAR! but I do wish to know which, since I have never actually gotten a DirectX program to work!!!! Which is bad, since I actually know a lot, but can''t use it.
"It's easy to make things hard, but it's hard to make things easy."
djsteffey
djsteffey
yeah, i think they should make a forum named DirectX vs OpenGL....and put all this crap in that forum. So that way people wont be able to complain about these posts.....they can just stay away from that forum. And people that like to talk, argue, bicker, shout, flame, etc....about that topic can keep it in there.


"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.