Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

SDL_Image : Zlib1

Started by Aroidzap May 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM 3 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Aroidzap
Aroidzap
Hi, I have simple question. For what is zlib1.dll needed with sdl_image library. I have tried to delete it and everything works as good as before (loading png images). Tom
Dario Oliveri
Dario Oliveri
As far As I know SDL.dll already includes everything needed (at least In the package for mingw there is just SDL.dll and everthing works fine)
Peace and love, now I understand really what it means! Guardian Angels exist! Thanks!
Aroidzap
Aroidzap
I'm talking about SDL_image.dll, and i'm not so sure... when i deleted libpng15-15.dll, png didn't load succesfully.
Wooh
Wooh
I thought zlib was needed because libpng needs it. Are you sure there isn't a zlib1.dll in one of directories that Windows search for DLL files?
Aroidzap
Aroidzap
Yeah... that was it. smile.png

Thanks Tom

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.