Original Post
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,]How can a 3D-autopilot be implemented in a space opera game? In other words, how do you compute the optimal trajectory from A to B in a solar system using classical mechanics?[/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]I solved this problem for the game I'm working on. I haven't found any other solution descriptions to this problem so I wrote an article about it in case others might find it of interest.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]Also, there are posters here with deep knowledge in physics simulations and it would be very interesting to hear any comments.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]Here's the link:[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]http://mmoarch.blogspot.se/2012/05/computing-space-travel.html[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]I solved this problem for the game I'm working on. I haven't found any other solution descriptions to this problem so I wrote an article about it in case others might find it of interest.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]Also, there are posters here with deep knowledge in physics simulations and it would be very interesting to hear any comments.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]Here's the link:[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Georgia, Utopia,][background=rgb(254, 253, 250)]http://mmoarch.blogspot.se/2012/05/computing-space-travel.html[/background][/font]