Original Post
Hey everyone,
I have started lately working on my 2d game which uses isometric tiles in one of game aspects, however I run into small issue. The tiles are being draw as polygons with different colors there is no problem within it as long as the tile size is 1 unit x 1 unit, unfortunatelly I require tiles being different sizes and I stuck here.
Obviously the points for tile 1x1:
Top: x + w/2, y
Right: x + w, y+h/2
Bottom: x+w/2, y+ h
Left: x, y+h/2
The question is how do I apply different sizes to it? The tiles could be 2x3 ,3x2 (x/y)etc. Is there a simple to do it or I will have to test sizeX / sizeY and create the points different way?
Any help would be appreciated,
Many thanks
I have started lately working on my 2d game which uses isometric tiles in one of game aspects, however I run into small issue. The tiles are being draw as polygons with different colors there is no problem within it as long as the tile size is 1 unit x 1 unit, unfortunatelly I require tiles being different sizes and I stuck here.
Obviously the points for tile 1x1:
Top: x + w/2, y
Right: x + w, y+h/2
Bottom: x+w/2, y+ h
Left: x, y+h/2
The question is how do I apply different sizes to it? The tiles could be 2x3 ,3x2 (x/y)etc. Is there a simple to do it or I will have to test sizeX / sizeY and create the points different way?
Any help would be appreciated,
Many thanks