Original Post
Hi all,
I have setup a solution in Visual Studio 2010 Pro, which consists of 6 projects ... The solution looks like this :
MyGameSln
(1) ClassInterfaces library project
(2) GameDataModel library project
(3) SlimDXFramework library project
(4) UserInterface library project
(5) Utilities library project
(6) Game project (startup project)
My old way of working on my GUI or SlimDX frameworks was to just make copies of the folders and drop them into the project Im working on, but I would end up with different versions of each framework for each project, and it was becoming hard to consolidate the developments in each. So the way I'm trying now, as detailed above, should allow me to continuously improve the SlimDX and UserInterface libraries over each new project or project version, since there is now only one project for each library and that project just gets added to each new solution.
My problem is that when i modify the UserInterface code (for example), I can't just press F5 to compile and run anymore, because the UserInterface library project's dll is out of sync with the source code. Sometimes I rebuild the solution, sometimes I rebuild each library then rebuild the main project and then press F5. All this is becoming tedious to do, so could anyone please instruct me on how to set up Visual Studio to rebuild all dependencies if their source code has been modified. Remembering that Im still working on the libraries side by side with the game project.
Thank you for any help or advice.
I have setup a solution in Visual Studio 2010 Pro, which consists of 6 projects ... The solution looks like this :
MyGameSln
(1) ClassInterfaces library project
(2) GameDataModel library project
(3) SlimDXFramework library project
(4) UserInterface library project
(5) Utilities library project
(6) Game project (startup project)
My old way of working on my GUI or SlimDX frameworks was to just make copies of the folders and drop them into the project Im working on, but I would end up with different versions of each framework for each project, and it was becoming hard to consolidate the developments in each. So the way I'm trying now, as detailed above, should allow me to continuously improve the SlimDX and UserInterface libraries over each new project or project version, since there is now only one project for each library and that project just gets added to each new solution.
My problem is that when i modify the UserInterface code (for example), I can't just press F5 to compile and run anymore, because the UserInterface library project's dll is out of sync with the source code. Sometimes I rebuild the solution, sometimes I rebuild each library then rebuild the main project and then press F5. All this is becoming tedious to do, so could anyone please instruct me on how to set up Visual Studio to rebuild all dependencies if their source code has been modified. Remembering that Im still working on the libraries side by side with the game project.
Thank you for any help or advice.