Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Tools for Java game development?

Started by Manill66 Jun 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM 0 replies 4.8k views
Original Post
Manill66
Manill66

Hello. I am going to start java game development. I want to make a survival rpg game. I was going to use python but decided to use java. So anyone have any good tutorials and tools to use? Thanks in advanced!

StratusPROgramming
StratusPROgramming
I've had some success with Slick2D in the past (assuming you game is 2D). There is a tutorial series on youtube for it http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston/videos?query=slick. I haven't watched it myself but have watched some of the other videos by the same guy and he's pretty good. If you're making a rpg you'll probably want to include a scripting engine. LUA or python are probably the best.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.