Original Post
The browser-based game that I am programming has grew to over a thousand line of code. When I am actively developing, I have no problem keeping track of what everything does and where everything is, especially since I wrote all the code from scratch so there isn't any huge cut and pasted chunks.
The problem is, if I stopped developing for say a week and return to the code, I find that I have to refresh my memory of how everything flow. I was wondering if there are any standard ways of organizing and visualizing (flow chart, graph etc) code to give me a rough idea of what the parts/modules are and how they are connected?
The problem is, if I stopped developing for say a week and return to the code, I find that I have to refresh my memory of how everything flow. I was wondering if there are any standard ways of organizing and visualizing (flow chart, graph etc) code to give me a rough idea of what the parts/modules are and how they are connected?