Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Codeblocks Setup with SDL

Started by nyl2000 Jun 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM 2 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
nyl2000
nyl2000
I am trying to setup Code::Blocks to use SDL. I have all the libraries setup per this tutorial.

http://lazyfoo.net/S...ocks/index.php

I am currently getting this error:

File ld.exe cannot find -lSDLmain


I know the code works; I have had my comp reformatted recently, and have taken the code from a backup. I believe that there is a step that I have forgotten in reinstalling Code::Blocks and SDL. Can anyone explain to me what this error is exactly, so I have a better idea of what to look for?
Sik_the_hedgehog
Sik_the_hedgehog
Isn't it -lSDL_main? (note the underscore)

I should go check, to be fair I haven't used that thing in ages since with MinGW you can use main as-is without being forced to open a console and I'm on Linux right now anyway.
Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.
nyl2000
nyl2000
I just tried -lSDL_main, it doesnt work either; plus I remember -lSDLmain working from before I reformatted.
Dauntless-v2
Dauntless-v2
The error message you are getting is indicating that the linker (ld.exe) can't find a library (SDLmain.dll). I am not familiar with CodeBlocks, but see if there is a way to put in search directories that contain your libraries. The other possibility is that when you built/installed libSDL, it didn't create or put SDLmain.dll in a "well known" location (for example, in linux, a well known location is usually /usr/local/lib, /usr/lib or /opt/lib)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.