Original Post
Hey everyone.
First year university student here studying games programming.
I'm designing a very primitive system to simulate realistic AI and virtual relationships (not uni stuff). There is going to be a LOT of data, so I'll need a database of some sort.
Here's an example of 2 snippets of tables I might have to store:

Obviously it's very relational.
I've looked into databases for games, and I'm not really sure how I should go about tackling this. Apparently SQL is a bad choice and mostly used for online games and such. How would something like Skyrim store data? Flat file databases?
I want to be able to manipulate some sort of database using Visual C# 2010.
First year university student here studying games programming.
I'm designing a very primitive system to simulate realistic AI and virtual relationships (not uni stuff). There is going to be a LOT of data, so I'll need a database of some sort.
Here's an example of 2 snippets of tables I might have to store:

Obviously it's very relational.
I've looked into databases for games, and I'm not really sure how I should go about tackling this. Apparently SQL is a bad choice and mostly used for online games and such. How would something like Skyrim store data? Flat file databases?
I want to be able to manipulate some sort of database using Visual C# 2010.