Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

question about D3DReadFileToBlob

Started by timothy_yuanhong Jun 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM 1 replies 4.8k views
Original Post
timothy_yuanhong
timothy_yuanhong
Hi guys,

I have some trouble to use function D3DReadFileToBlob to load a compiled shader binary, it's not defined.
MSDN says the function declaration is in D3DCompiler.h, but I didn't find it there.

Thanks,
-Hong
Hornsj3
Hornsj3
You need to use the version of DirectX that ships with Win8.

Need this: D3dcompiler_44.dll


It's not included in the JUNE2010 SDK.

June 2010 has this: D3dcompiler_43.dll
timothy_yuanhong
timothy_yuanhong

You need to use the version of DirectX that ships with Win8.

Need this: D3dcompiler_44.dll


It's not included in the JUNE2010 SDK.

June 2010 has this: D3dcompiler_43.dll


Thanks! I tried to load the binary using fread into a buffer, and that seems to work.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.