Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Direct3DCreate9 issues

Started by kurlyak Aug 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM 1 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
kurlyak
kurlyak
Hi guys! I have some peculiar questions. So...

Under Win7.
I wrote program that hooking LoadLibrary() from EXE file of game. It works fine- hook LoadLibrary(), then catch loading "d3d9.dll", then call my function LoadLibrary(), then call my Direct3DCreate9() and the end I get access to screen of game.

Under WinXP.
My hook dont work. LoadLibrary() catch some DLL from EXE file of game, but no one of them I can not seen in disassemble code of game and my hook procedure LoadLibrary() dont catch "d3d.dll" load, In one word d3d9.dll do not load at all, and hook do not works at all.

My question.
How creates Device of DirectX9 in EXE file of game in case WinXP? Game name Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Thanks.
Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it’s good for you, but no one likes doing it.- Andre LaMothe.
Hodgman
Hodgman
On XP, there's many different versions of D3D9 - it may be that different games link to different DLLs, such as [font=courier new,courier,monospace]d3d9_43.dll[/font].
kurlyak
kurlyak
When I set hook, and run exe file of game, my hook procedure LoadLibrary() load:


C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll
user32.dll
dsound.dll
WINTRUST.dll
advapi32.dll
kernel32.dll
advapi32.dll
WINTRUST.dll
WINTRUST.dll
WINTRUST.dll
WINTRUST.dll
CLBCATQ.DLL
CLBCATQ.DLL
WINTRUST.dll
xinput9_1_0.dll
xinput9_1_0.dll
user32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll
UxTheme.dll
IMM32.dll

Hook proc LoadLibrary() wrote log.txt. And in log.txt not present any d3d9_xxxx.dll. Why?
Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it’s good for you, but no one likes doing it.- Andre LaMothe.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.