Original Post
I am trying to port the tutorial at http://www.rastertek.com/dx11tut04.html from windows 7 to windows 8. Now that d3dx11async.h is deprecated, I am trying to use D3dcompiler.h. I got the win32 tutorials from the microsoft site and tried to copy the CompileShaderFromFile method found in tutorial 7. Everything compiles fine but when it tries to link I get the error
Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: long __thiscall ColorShaderClass::CompileShaderFromFile(wchar_t *,char const *,char const *,struct ID3D10Blob * *)" (?CompileShaderFromFile@ColorShaderClass@@AAEJPA_WPBD1PAPAUID3D10Blob@@@Z) referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall ColorShaderClass::InitializeShader(struct ID3D11Device *,struct HWND__ *,wchar_t *,wchar_t *)" (?InitializeShader@ColorShaderClass@@AAE_NPAUID3D11Device@@PAUHWND__@@PA_W2@Z) C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Dropbox\Dev\DXEngineMaybeThisTime\DXEngine\DXEngine\ColorShaderClass.obj DXEngine
It appears that the files are not being included, but I went through the project properties of my project and tutorial 7 and made sure they were exactly the same, especially the linker input. I'm lost and clueless as to what to do.
Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: long __thiscall ColorShaderClass::CompileShaderFromFile(wchar_t *,char const *,char const *,struct ID3D10Blob * *)" (?CompileShaderFromFile@ColorShaderClass@@AAEJPA_WPBD1PAPAUID3D10Blob@@@Z) referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall ColorShaderClass::InitializeShader(struct ID3D11Device *,struct HWND__ *,wchar_t *,wchar_t *)" (?InitializeShader@ColorShaderClass@@AAE_NPAUID3D11Device@@PAUHWND__@@PA_W2@Z) C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Dropbox\Dev\DXEngineMaybeThisTime\DXEngine\DXEngine\ColorShaderClass.obj DXEngine
It appears that the files are not being included, but I went through the project properties of my project and tutorial 7 and made sure they were exactly the same, especially the linker input. I'm lost and clueless as to what to do.
