Original Post
Okay so firstly this is my first post, Hie :3
Now that the intro is out of the way, I want to make a game like Command and Conquer, a clone if you will and I was hoping to make it in OpenGL, C++, Lua and well, anything else I need just as long as those three are in there and did I mention I was a beginner that has never so much as worked with simple word game in a console app? Yea, I'm kind of lost here and just want to know where to start and how to build from nothing.
Why am I bent on C++, Lua and OpenGL? Because I like to be cross-platform since I run Windows and Linux Duel at random times however if you have alternatives that would prove compatible then by all means, I'm up for suggestions. C++ however is stuck for the long haul because I am currently knee deep in study with it.
Goal:
C&C clone with full networking up to 10 players
Now that the intro is out of the way, I want to make a game like Command and Conquer, a clone if you will and I was hoping to make it in OpenGL, C++, Lua and well, anything else I need just as long as those three are in there and did I mention I was a beginner that has never so much as worked with simple word game in a console app? Yea, I'm kind of lost here and just want to know where to start and how to build from nothing.
Why am I bent on C++, Lua and OpenGL? Because I like to be cross-platform since I run Windows and Linux Duel at random times however if you have alternatives that would prove compatible then by all means, I'm up for suggestions. C++ however is stuck for the long haul because I am currently knee deep in study with it.
Goal:
C&C clone with full networking up to 10 players