Original Post
I've a solution with many projects and I need to declare some preprocessor definition like GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 in order to select which OS to use and which renderer to use.
Since now, my solution has been to create different configurations and then edit every single project adding the right preprocessor defines.
So, for example, I've the configuration [DEBUG Win32 DX9] and every project that is included in this configuration have the GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 defined by clicking on proprietis | c++ preprocessor and so on.
Then I've the [DEBUG Win32 DX11] configuration, which in turn need to define GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX11.
I guess you've got the idea.
Is there a way to tell MSVC that I want GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 defined for all projects that stay in a [DEBUG Win32 DX9] configuration without editing every single projects?
Since now, my solution has been to create different configurations and then edit every single project adding the right preprocessor defines.
So, for example, I've the configuration [DEBUG Win32 DX9] and every project that is included in this configuration have the GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 defined by clicking on proprietis | c++ preprocessor and so on.
Then I've the [DEBUG Win32 DX11] configuration, which in turn need to define GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX11.
I guess you've got the idea.
Is there a way to tell MSVC that I want GOS_OS_WINDOWS and GOS_RENDERER_DX9 defined for all projects that stay in a [DEBUG Win32 DX9] configuration without editing every single projects?