Hello guys,
so for a while now I have been programming in c++ with Direct3D 11, and I know that soon i might reach a point where scripting will be required, but huge performance questions pop up. Most of them are below here, you don't need to answer all if you don't want to, but it would be nice. ![]()
- How does the program understand the code? Does it read per each line of string (Wouldn't this be SLOW?), or does it semi compile (like setting all the commands into an array from the beginning), or how?
- Should i just leave it, and use direct c++ (The problem is that i would like to have a way that the user didn't need to compile anything).
- How (if you imagine you had to compile it, but not in c++) should i handle the script code, or in other words, how should my program try to understand it (e.g. Now there's a bracket, so go to...).
Maybe scripting is too hard (not TO script, but for the program to understand it) as I never had any experience, but I'm willing to give it a try.
Thank You