Hello,
I am trying to model simple human behaviour. In a way I am trying to do a sim person.
I have a series of internal variables:
Fatigue level
Nutrition level
Hydration level.
Every simulated minute results in the variables changing based on the current action.
When the variables get to a certain threshold they trigger a motivation, When there are more than 1 motivations present the highest value motivation rules and the sim person performs the required action.
e.g. Nutrition leads to a Hunger motivation which leads to an eat action.
I am reducing the nutrition value by an amount in order to make the sim eat every 7 hours. When he does eat he takes 20 minutes and that restores him to full nutrition level. The nutrition level goes down by a lower amount when the sim is sleeping. This is timed so that when he wakes up from 8 hours of sleep he has 0 fatigue but needs to eat straight away.
Does this sound like an appropriate approach or has anyone any other ideas?
My fear is that it will all come a bit contrived when I add other variables, motivations and actions and I will have to tweak the existing ones to make them reflect "normality".
Any ideas or thoughts gratefully received.