Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

3D Boundaries

Started by Believe82 Mar 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM 0 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Believe82
Believe82

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering for creating 3D boundaries, is it as simple as 2D boundaries? Where I just have to check if my sprite is >= boundary.x or <= -boundary.x, and do the same for boundary.x, and boundary.z. If they are are the bounds then i simply move my sprite's position back. Is this the ideal way of creating boundaries in 3D games?

Thank you!

MichaelNIII
MichaelNIII
That's the idea. Solving a lot of 3d issues by first understanding it in 2d and then adding the 3d demention often makes it easier to understand. I would suggest using bounding spheres first, then boxes, and then the triangle planes themselves if you need to be that accurate. At least if you intend on checking a lot of objects for collisions

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.