Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GDnet Birthday Thread

Started by Gaiiden Jun 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM 36 replies 8.3k views
Original Post
Gaiiden
Gaiiden
Today is the day we celebrate our birthday, or anniversary or whatever you want to call it. 12 years young! :) thanks to all our community members and supporters. We have another exciting year ahead
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net
skullfire
skullfire

Great job Gaiiden. I've been along for about 10 years now, such an awesome community. I still remember an april fools where this site was changed to a dolphin sex site lOL

Saruman
Saruman

Yay my account is over 13 years old! :) heheh

dmatter
dmatter

Congrats to all involved!

I've been here 9 of those 12 years, which I can hardly believe.

Keep up the good work! smile.png

TheChubu
TheChubu

Grats everyone!

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"   My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and 
frob
frob
Happy birthday.

Some floorcaek is in order.
Gaiiden
Gaiiden

Yay my account is over 13 years old! heheh


The fact that no one else has noticed so far would be awesome if 1) it was intentional and not because I fail at math and 2) GDnet's bday coincided with April Fools

Alas neither are true so therefore I am an idiot and the site is actually 14 years old
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net
Dwarf King
Dwarf King

Happy birthday dear Gamedev, you showed me the road back then smile.png

A little cake for you

g.jpg

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education" Albert Einstein "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" Albert Einstein  
Icebone1000
Icebone1000

I want to say that if it wasnt for gamedev I would be just half the programmer I am today...no offense intended ;D

_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_


Yay my account is over 13 years old! heheh


The fact that no one else has noticed so far would be awesome if 1) it was intentional and not because I fail at math and 2) GDnet's bday coincided with April Fools

Alas neither are true so therefore I am an idiot and the site is actually 14 years old



Arf.. I noticed as well, mostly because my account dates from Dec 2001 and I'd been kicking around for about a year before hand... dry.png
Michael Tanczos
Michael Tanczos

Wait, I thought GameDev's birthday is January 1st?

Been here nearly eight years.

Nope.. June 15th.. it was going to be June 1st but we had to push back the launch a bit. Remember, it was a bunch of our smaller sites all joining together to pool resources and create a better community. =)

Bacterius
Bacterius

I haven't been around that long but happy birthday GD tongue.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes

Wait, I thought GameDev's birthday is January 1st?

Been here nearly eight years.

Nope.. June 15th.. it was going to be June 1st but we had to push back the launch a bit. Remember, it was a bunch of our smaller sites all joining together to pool resources and create a better community. =)

I'm confused. Is it June 15th or April 1st?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
Michael Tanczos
Michael Tanczos

Wait, I thought GameDev's birthday is January 1st?

Been here nearly eight years.

Nope.. June 15th.. it was going to be June 1st but we had to push back the launch a bit. Remember, it was a bunch of our smaller sites all joining together to pool resources and create a better community. =)

I'm confused. Is it June 15th or April 1st?

It's always been June 15th! =) When we went live Dave compared it favorably to the birth of his first child.. I excitedly said "Really Dave?" His deadpan response.. "No.. not really, but this is still pretty awesome" So there you have it! It's just amazing that we've been around so damn long. I'm not certain what the future holds but I always hope we can go down some path to make us a better place for game devs.

slicer4ever
slicer4ever
congrats gamedev. I know i haven't been around these parts nearly that long, but it's still cool to see=-)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.