Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Good book on physics and collision detection.

Started by Bojanovski Jul 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM 2 replies 7k views
Original Post
Bojanovski
Bojanovski

So, if anyone has some recommendations, that would be great.

This is the best I found so far: 'Game Physics' by David H. Eberly.

jjd
jjd

So, if anyone has some recommendations, that would be great.

This is the best I found so far: 'Game Physics' by David H. Eberly.

For collision detection I would recommend 'real-time collision detection' by Christer Ericson.

-Josh

Burnt_Fyr
Burnt_Fyr

Christer's book is by far the best i've seen on collision. I liked Physics for Game Programmers, though I've had others tell me it was a shyte book, I haven't got a chance to check out Eberly's book, but have used WM as a reference for lots of math/mesh related things.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.