Hello, so I've made a couple of basic games in C++ and AS3, through the traditional object oriented way, and then I came across an article about Entity Component Systems on GameDev. Everything made a lot more sense than having a big hierarchy of classes, but as I try to research more about this on google and gamedev, I only find explanations on how it works (and very partial implementations). I can't wrap my head around getting the design to work.
I've seen previous threads that have some code in them, but I still don't quite understand it. Is there any existing tutorials, books, resources, etc, that I could read to further understand how it works? It'd also help immensely if there's code to go along with it, as I don't understand much without some code. Also, if anyone has made a simple game or basic system showing how it works, I'd be very interested in seeing your code, most preferably in C++ as well. Thanks.