Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Implementing 3D collision detection and response.

Started by andreidim May 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM 0 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
andreidim
andreidim

Hello!

I've been searching for the past few weeks for a physics engine or something for C#. I'm working on a game using OpenTK, it's mostly un-documented but it has a lot of features.

I need some basic AABB collision, cylinder, sphere, and maybe mesh collision detection. From what the internet is saying, I need to use the normal of a face for collision detection but I simply cannot make it. If anyone has any tutorials or a physics engine that works with that I'd love to find it out.

Oh, btw. I would need a character controller too, that's the biggest problem, I don't know how to do player collision.

About using Unity, I need an advanced GUI library and stuff, I need to make dynamic textures which Unity is nothing near supporting anything like that.

I would even pay for a physics engine, I think maybe up to 150-200 USD.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.