Hello
Few days ago I got a private message on IndieDB from person who was interested in making music for my game.
He/she stated in private message that he/she is interested in my game and looks for some working experience, thus is offering to produce some assets for me for free, while also sending me link to his/her showreel.
In my response, I included a question about licence on his music. What I could understood from his/her second answer is:
- He/she keeps a copyright on all created music and sound
- I do not pay upfront, but he/she gains royalties from sold copies of game (amount not stated)
Those terms seem fine for me, as I get solid background music without paying immediately as I don't have any money, while he/she gets rewarded for his/her work. However, as it's my first time dealing with such things, I wanted to hear thoughts from more experienced people.
Also, if we get to the deal, what is usually the correct procedure?
Thanks for your time.