Article Creation Date set to January 19 2038

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 1 month ago

Hello!

I hope I am not in the wrong section here, but I think I have encountered a bug with an article I wrote on wednesday morning. I know that articles will take 1-2 weeks before they become visible to the public, but the creation date of the article has been set to January 19 in the year 2038.

articleofthefuturemmuwe.png

Reading the article publishing guide I did not find any information on this, so I don't think this is normal behavior. I hope this can be resolved easily, this would propably be really confusing for future readers. If this is normal though, please ignore this post and I will just wait for moderator approval/rejection.

Here is a link to the article.

My first article on gamedev.net and then this happened, my luck is exceptional xD

Advertisement

it is put there while gaidden reviews it, and works it into the schedule. nothing to worry about.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Okay, thank you for the explanation.

"Come with me if you want to live."

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Yep, that is intentional -- you're not the first person to be confused by it though -- we'll have to update the article publishing guide to explain this clearly.

When you hit submit your article is set to that date to ensure it doesn't accidentally go live on the site. Drew ("gaiiden") then goes through the submitted articles and gives them a basic check to make sure there's nothing wrong with the formatting and no obvious glaring errors that need to be fixed. He'll fix any minor issues that are easily solvable himself, or if there are problems that need your attention you'll be contacted to deal with them. This stage is also used to filter out the blatant spam from the publishing queue. Note that this step is very basic quality control and generally doesn't involve checking the accuracy of the information, which is left for our community to peer review.

If your article passes this stage Drew will schedule the article for publishing -- usually within a couple of days, but sometimes up to 2 weeks later if there is a lot of content in the publishing queue -- this is so that the articles are all spaced out and get a fair share of exposure on the front page of the site.

Hope that helps, and thanks for your contribution and for your feedback about the publishing process. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement