Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

using tmxparser (and failing)

Started by Poprocks Sep 20, 2017 at 3:56 AM 2 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Poprocks
Poprocks

Hi everyone!

I've managed to build zlib, tinyxml2 and tmxparser with cmake-gui & visual studio 2017, but when I try building the example program for tmxparser (https://github.com/sainteos/tmxparser/tree/master/test) I'm getting numerous unresolved externals for errors, and in the warnings they all state the library machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86'. (some of the unresolved symbols include __imp__UnhandledExceptionFilter@4, __imp__getCurrentProcess@0, __imp__HeapAlloc@12 and the file referenced in the error log is MSVCRTD.lib along with varying object files)

Thing is, when I go back to the cmake configuration listings for all 3 of those libraries, i can't find anything to suggest i've explicitly configured anything as a 64bit build, and when I open the solutions cmake generated for each of the libraries, all of them (including the test project) have x86 as the current target.. what gives?

Thanks in advance!

Yxjmir
Yxjmir

Maybe its your compiler setting is x64 instead of x86, or you've include a x64 lib file by mistake. Can you post an error message related to/saying:

On 9/19/2017 at 11:56 PM, Poprocks said:

type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86'.




Poprocks
Poprocks

thanks for the reply Yxjmir, i managed to get things working. turns out i was doing something really dumb with the windows sdk libraries.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.