Game Story Dilemma

Started by
7 comments, last by Bakkerbaard 6 years, 3 months ago

Hi everyone! So I am in a dilemma. See, I want to make a game with a very intersting story, but I cannot decide which story I want to pursue. I have created two seperate stories, nr. 1 is a comedy, and nr 2. is a horror. 1. Is about a high school student, who transfers into a boarding school where one girl commited suicide. He and her friends bond and then we go through comic/dramatic years of their lives. 2. Is about a group of students from an elite highschool, who were trapped inside a hounted house, and die horrible deaths. It has great mystery and backstory to it. Both are good in my opinion, but I can't decide which one is better. I hope that you guys might help me make that decision. (Feel free to give me some suggestions if you want :) )

Advertisement

If you cannot decide on this alone, how will you finish the story? You'll eventually find yourself in other branching paths to take the story, which will you take then? 

In any case, you'll be making more games, I would imagine, so just pick one. Use a coin flip if you have to.. Then focus on developing a story that will not only satisfy you, but give someone else a wonderful experience.

Thanks a lot! That logic makes a lot of sense! I will try that right now. Thanks a lot for the help. You can't realise how grateful I am!  It's now official, nr 1. won! Thanks a lot! I owe you one!

After you write number 1, maybe you ought to also write number 2. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'm definitely going to make 2. after 1. 

I totally agree, since they are both good ideas, and you like them both, you should certainly make both of them a thing. Here's a suggestion, how about combining the two into one?

yeah, combine them

I like how you basically said: One is a comedy about a student in a boarding school where a girl comitted suicde. I suppose that's comedy gold in some circles. ;o)

But to add to the conversation: Yeah, do them both. At the very least you'll have the other to work on when the first one runs into a temporary block.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement