Hi guys,
I am not new to programming as I am DB programer and I already tried(and succeded) writing Pong games in Python and Unity and a couple of text based games in C++ and C#.
This time I tried to bring one of my game ideas closer to reality than it was in previous (unsseccesfull) attempts.
I decied to go from really basic things. So I wrote some of my ideas on paper and started coding in my DB language - VFP, so that I can get to the point of having something.
Well after two weeks of sporadic coding I finished with what can be called smaller unit of game concept that works. Actions that player can do are buttons and the results are in grids, comboboxes and textboxes.
The question is what do I do next?
Do I extend what I have in VFP to test more areas of what works or do I move to Unity(thats my choice) and start implementing what I have already done in VFP, but now in game like manner.
If you recommend going to Unity, Id like to know how do I get to good (or at least usable) user interface?
Another question is related to information that I store in DB.
I already have a lot of tables and data in them. What game developers use for storing these data?
Thanks
Z.