Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

CLOSED [Rev Share or Paid] Need Programmer for long term development of Life Simulator / Shop Management Game

Started by BuFFo Jul 28, 2018 at 6:41 PM 2 replies 2k views
Original Post
BuFFo
BuFFo

I've been on this site for a long time, and have been part of many development teams. I'm typically a Sprite artist. This time, though, I have decided to take charge and get one of my game ideas off the ground. To do this, I'll need a programming partner to start with! ( music, sound, etc will be later on in development )

I have been drafting the early ideas for a Shop Management game that will eventually become a Life Simulator game set in a fantasy world.

If you are familiar with games such as Recettear and Harvest Moon, you'll have a starting idea of what I'm looking to make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Shoppe?

Shoppe is a single player slice of life simulator akin to the Sims, Harvest Moon, Haven and Hearth or Dewdrop Valley.

Shoppe mainly focuses on the player and his management of his Shoppe, where he sells his good to the local townsfolk.

But where Shoppe is unique is the vast amount of options a player has while living in the town. He may forego his Shoppe and take up arms and adventure, killing monsters, doing quests, helping people out with their needs and wants.

As your Shoppe grows, so does the Government of the town you are in. This increased intrusion into your life by the ever growing State provides friction between you and other towns folks.

Eventually, the weight of the immoral government is too much, civil war breaks out, and you either die or move on, ending the game.

The main THEME of Shoppe is to teach players the importance of Individualism, Capitalism and the evils of Collectivism and Statism.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What am I looking in a Programmer?


- The code/engine/whatever is up to you. The game is a single player game set for digital distribution through PC.
- The project is long term, so be prepared to work on this game for 6 months up to a few years. If you plan on hanging around for only a few weeks, MOVE ALONG!!!
- Sharing of assets. I give you my art, and you give me your code. We are partners. If you are not fine with this, MOVE ALONG!!!
- No ADHD. At the first WHIFF of ADHD on your part, we are done. If you cannot keep interest in a project for more than a few weeks, MOVE ALONG!!!
- Have EXPERIENCE!!! Show me work you've done. I'm not interested if all you can show me is a mobile game you made that took you three years.

Revenue / Money

- Since we are partners, this would be Revenue Share. When the game starts making money, it's an even split of 50/50 to KEEP IT SIMPLE.
or
- I can give you some money each week, this we can discuss in private, but it would be somewhere between 100 - 200 dollars US a week. Keep in mind that if you accept this, the revenue share will be less for you to recoup the costs to me.

I plan on getting a working presentation done for Kickstarter. The money raised from Kickstarter will go into development of the game. What does this mean exactly? I won't keep a dime. I will use the money to pay you ( if you choose ) and to pay for more artists, musicians, sound, marketing, etc...

DISCORD

My discord is LINK REMOVED You must use Discord. This is how we will keep in touch. Microphone is REQUIRED. We won't need ot use voice most of the time, but to get ideas across to each other and to understand each other clearly, a microphone is required.

Also, regarding Discord - This is a perfect platform to keep record of everything that is said between each other. Until we can learn to fully trust each other down the line, Discord is a tool to make sure we are all honest and not fraudulent.


Summary

I need an experienced programmer able to help me create a single player "Slice of Life" Simulator. This is long term, and I am 100000% dedicated to getting this done. So if you have an impressive resume and want to get a REAL game done, and are willing to stay in this for the long term ( 6 months - few Years ) this OPPORTUNITY is for you!

I have a Games Development Document that needs refining, and for this, I need you!

No teenagers. You must be in your mid 20's or older!!!

If you have any issues with this posting, let me know. I will be able to answer all questions!


https://imgur.com/nkkTPrz
https://imgur.com/pSupFcZ
https://imgur.com/mKWCWgt
https://imgur.com/RwoWvW0
https://imgur.com/TKpv9q9


edit 1 - Expanded the DISCORD section to be more clear.

Programmer71
Programmer71

Hello i'd be interested into your game, please contact me at vp8671@libero.it so we can talk freely about your idea and by the way i meet all of your requirements.


BuFFo
BuFFo

Programmer found.

Closed until further notice!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.