Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What to expect with a 2d platformer

Started by hifeiq Aug 5, 2018 at 9:28 PM 0 replies 2k views
Original Post
hifeiq
hifeiq

Hello,

I'm currently designing an idea of a 2d platformer, and when done, I'll start programming a prototype with unity.

I have several questions concerning this project :

1) What can I expect from releasing a 2d platformer? Is it a popular genre? I think it'll be a la sonic the hedgehog.

2) everything about coding and game designing I can do, and I can easily find a musician. How should I find a graphic designer? How much should I expect him to cost? Or can I expect to find someone who's willing to join the project?

3) I'd like to do a kickstarter, once the prototype done. But I can't before having a minimum of graphics. What would be the best solution? And what sum should I ask for considering this platformer shouldn't be very huge?

4) Which platforms should I release a 2d platformer on nowadays? And how much would it cost?

I know some of these questions come very often, I'm sorry ^^ but well, if you would be kind enough to answer, it would be a great help


Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.