Is there a library like ImGui with the ability to customize frames, buttons, sliders, etc. in the windows for OpenGL?

Started by
5 comments, last by tracegame 5 years, 5 months ago

I'm trying to write a game on OpenGL using C++. From third-party libraries for creating windows (widgets?) Inside OpenGL, I was able to add ImGui to my project, create a window and attach some functions to it. But I did not find information like changing the style of this window. Specifically, in this situation, I need to create the starting window of the game (start the game, settings, exit, etc.) and create in-game windows (inventory, character menu, minimap, chat, etc.). I heard about Qt, but given the size they require, my program will weigh 3-4 times more than we would like. In addition, I do not need any super high-quality graphics and a large set of visualization capabilities. I would like to understand what my program consists of and have a set of basic concepts about how this is implemented. Could you advise: is there a similar library with the ability to create and edit the style of in-game windows (maybe in ImGui this function is still there?) with open source code in C++?

Advertisement

You know imGui his highly customizable right?

Here is a short demo of some of the things imGui can do: 

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

1 hour ago, CrazyCdn said:

You know imGui his highly customizable right?

Here is a short demo of some of the things imGui can do: 

And if I want, for example, a game interface like this? Will I be able to achieve this with this library?

image.png.6b81ea192c1cfe0923a4e456328e147e.png

Dear ImGui isn't fully "skinnable" for making that style of game GUI yet, though I think there's progress being made in making it more style-able. Another very similar library that you could check out is Nuklear.

Both Dear ImGui and Nuklear support manually drawing images/lines/shapes at any coordinates that you like, so technically it's possible to draw anything you like with them, given enough patience...

To make that style of game UI, you probably wouldn't make too much use of their in-built layouting/windowing systems, and instead would be making your own "image button" widgets and manually placing a lot of items at specific coordinates.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:12 AM, Hodgman said:

Dear ImGui isn't fully "skinnable" for making that style of game GUI yet, though I think there's progress being made in making it more style-able. Another very similar library that you could check out is Nuklear.

Both Dear ImGui and Nuklear support manually drawing images/lines/shapes at any coordinates that you like, so technically it's possible to draw anything you like with them, given enough patience...

To make that style of game UI, you probably wouldn't make too much use of their in-built layouting/windowing systems, and instead would be making your own "image button" widgets and manually placing a lot of items at specific coordinates.

Thanks, I heard about this library, but did not know that you can edit the skin

Imgui can use image button and translucent background which you may need.

Years ago I think people use CEGUI and MyGUI,you may want to look if interested

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement